"Whether tendering contracts for the supply of goods or services, tender evaluation and contract preparation need to be addressed in a structured, disciplined and transparent manner. This intensive course sets the complete tender cycle into context in relation to the development of contract strategy, identification of appropriate pre-qualified contractors, contract design, the tender process and contract award.
This course is designed for:
Buyers and contract analysts. They will probably have some previous experience at junior or middle level but are unlikely to have had long term exposure to procurement activities. Graduate recruits and development trainees are also likely candidates.
To develop in your procurement professionals the skills required to identify, manage and develop suppliers of goods and services using tools and techniques that can be deployed and refined to meet your specific local requirements. To acquire detailed specialist skills that will give your organisation competitive edge by optimising supplier contribution.
Topics covered will include:
- Types of contract for supply of both goods and services
- Risks associated with different contract types
- Contract design - selection of clauses
- Commercial law including agency law, local preference legislation, WTO membership etc
- Legal aspects of contracts for goods and sevices
- Supplier Appraisal
- Supplier Registration
- Pre-qualification and approved supplier lists
- Invitation to tender
- Tender procedures
- Tender evaluation and bid-comparison processes
- Dealing with Tender Boards
- Vendor evaluation, performance monitoring etc
- Vendor development
- Post-tender negotiation
- Contract Award