"Materials Handling Operations are generally responsible for more fatalities, injuries and incidents that any other industrial activity, except perhaps for road traffic accidents. Bad handling can cost millions through damage and waste.
Ensure that your frontline warehouse and storage supervisors have the practical skills and knowledge to manage this hazardous working environment by giving them:
- Practical, hands-on experience in the fundamentals of mechanical handling (MHE) operations as underpinning knowledge for them to manage operations
- Knowledge of both general and specialist aspects of materials and transport operations
- Preparation to undertake a supervisory management role in the safe and effective operation of a storage or transport operation.
This course is designed for hands-on line supervisors who have a responsibility for materials storage, materials handling and transport operations. Experience could range from ex-storemen with many years experience to newly recruited graduates on management development programmes.
Topics covered will include:
- Forklift Truck (FLT) types
- FLT operations - practical experience
- Management of FLT operations
- HIAB and other lorry mounted cranes, tailgate lifts etc etc
- Crane operations
- Manual handling and lifting
- Management of lifting operations
- Vehicle and equipment routine maintenance
- Common safety issues in logistics operations.