"The global retail sector’s fast paced and competitive environment requires today’s retail procurement and supply chain professionals to improve efficiencies and reduce costs throughout their supply chain in order to improve overall organizational profitability and margin.
This course leads delegates through the process of building lean, scaleable and capable supply chain components within a global best practice framework. Each element of the supply chain from warehouse to logistics to procurement is fully explored, deconstructed to extract cost and process efficiencies and then rebuilt into a cohesive and best practice model which can be effectively implemented to enable the supply chain to contribute to organizational needs both today and for the future.
Who should attend?
This course is suitable for senior procurement and supply chain practitioners and commercial management staff. Participants are likely to have several years experience and to have a level of authority to influence decisions in their organization.
The course will be of value to those who are looking to obtain leading edge supply chain efficiencies and competitive edge for both themselves and their organization and, particularly, for those employed in emerging or developing markets
Upon completion of the course, delegates will be able to:
- Appreciate the key features, both operational and financial of effective supply chains.
- Apply global best practice strategies within their own environment.
- Develop cost and operational efficiency initiatives for each component of the supply chain.
- Ensure compliance with major environmental and safety standards.
- Make informed financial and operational decisions regarding supply chain operations.